To get started follow these simple steps:
- Create a
free trial account
- Login to the
TrialWare4J Control Panel. Your first lock has automatically been created for you.
- Press the 'Download Lock' button and save the lock jar file to your hard drive.
- Add the lock jar file to the classpath of your Java desktop application.
- Put a single call to the Lock API* into the code that launches your program.
You've now locked your program. To thoroughly test it you need a key.
- Go back to the TrialWare4J control panel and click the 'Trial Key' tab.
- Copy the HTML snippet from the screen.
- Paste the HTML snippet into a web page.
- Open the web page in your browser. You should see the key request web form for your lock
embedded in the webpage. This is what your customers will see.
- Enter your valid email address and press submit.
A trial key will be emailed to you within a couple of minutes. You can now test the key with your program.
- Launch your program.
- Verify that it asks for a key and cannot be started without the key.
- Copy the activation key from the email and paste it into the dialog box to unlock the program.
- Verify the key works.
Congratulations, You've now converted your Java desktop application to trialware.
To try out TrialWare4J free for 30 days, sign up for a
Free Trial Account.
If you have any questions about the features or technical details of our service, please
contact us. We're always happy to
answer your questions, and appreciate your feedback.
* Detailed instructions for the Lock API will be made available as soon as you download the lock
jar file (in step 3). Please create a free trial account and login to get full documentation on the API.